Skill level: Beginner Crafting Time: 10 minutes Supply List: (makes 4 adult large T-shirts) T-shirt, preferably 100% cotton, pre-washed and dried to minimize fading 1 can Simply Spray Spring Green 1 can Simply Spray Bright Yellow Newspaper or craft paper Paper towels Instructions:
- Wash and dry T-shirt to remove sizing and minimize fading.
- Lay T-shirt flat on newspaper. Pinch the shirt with your thumb and forefinger to make large twists all over the shirt
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray the entire shirt with Spring Green. To minimize spatter, start spraying onto a paper towel in your hand, then move onto the project. End spraying onto the paper towel as well. Hold can approx. 6-8” away from project. To enhance colour, move closer. To lighten coverage hold further away.
- Lay shirt flat again. Pinch and twist as you did before
- Spray the entire shirt with Bright Yellow. Allow colours to touch and blend. Continue pattern.
- You can repeat pattern of twisting and spraying until you reach desired look. The more you twist and spray the more unique your shirt becomes! Alternating colours in the center and twisting in opposite directions makes a spiral effect. Blending colours creates a brighter look.
- Lay flat to dry. Wait 72 hours before washing. Turn inside out when washing and do not use fabric softener.